Money Saving Tips for the 2022 Boating Season
With fuel prices rising and having no sign of coming down, many boat owners are seeking ways to save money while still enjoying their boats. In this blog, we’ll go through some simple tips to improve your fuel economy so that you can still enjoy your time on the water.
- Keep your prop and hull clean – removing barnacles from your prop and your hull will help to reduce the drag on your boat. This can slow you down and really impact your fuel economy. Clean your hull at least once a month, and in warmer areas, possibly every week.
- Stay closer to shore – rather than heading out to the open ocean, plan some trips to the sandbar or other in shore destinations.
- Slow down – slowing down, when you can, will keep you from burning excess fuel.
- Lighten your load – removing excess weight from your boat will help with fuel economy. This is a blatant pitch, but Fortress Anchors weight a fraction of heavier steel anchors, but have been shown to perform better in over 20 independent worldwide tests, and they will save you on fuel.
- Service your engine – keeping your engine serviced will improve fuel efficiency.
- Distribute weight evenly throughout your boat – rearranging your equipment and passengers to ensure that weight is distributed evenly throughout your boat will allow your boat to balance and will really help to improve efficiency.
- Know where you’re going – having a plan for your destination, or dropping anchor somewhere close by, can save needless travel and fuel waste.
High fuel prices shouldn’t mean a summer without your boat. Follow these tips to save some money, and let us know if you have any tips of your own. Send them to us at email@example.com.